Magna Gopal Presents
Magna Gopal’s Spins Workshop Series
Hello NYC/NJ Salseros and Salseras!!! 🙂
I am excited to be offering a special Spins Workshop Series this December at Caribbean Soul Dance Studio in Jersey City, NJ. This is a 4 week course with an emphasis on solo spins technique for men & women and for both On1 & On2 dancers.
I teach my popular Spins Technique workshop around the world but with a whole 4 weeks of lessons and a studio set up, I will be able to bring you even more detailed information, progressive instruction, and provide you with a lot more individual attention to help you grow. I’m sure, after this series, that you will increase your comfort with spins, your body awareness, and your confidence with your dancing in general!
What you will learn in 4 weeks:
- proper body positioning and alignment
- proper technique for preparations
- spotting technique
- how to effortlessly slow down and stop your spins
- exercises to develop strength and coordination
- partnering tips for leaders & followers
- drills to practice at home
- Sat Dec 2 @ 1p – Fundamentals for Spins
- Sat Dec 9 @ 1p – Multiple Spins
- Sat Dec 16 @ 1p – Traveling Spins
- Fri Dec 22 @ 7p – Spins Variations
Early bird prices until Nov 30th:
- Only $80 for the full series over 4 weeks.
- $100 after Nov 30th
- Or $25 per workshop.
- $30 after Nov 30th
Caribbean Soul Dance Studio (corner of Summit Ave & Hopkins Ave)
682 Summit Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306
A beautiful dance studio with hardwood floors and huge mirrors. Just a 10 min walk from the Journal Square PATH train station for easy access from NYC and numerous highways for those of you who drive.
Tips for registering:
- Studio space is limited so register early!
- The Fundamentals workshop will lay down the basic technique for all of the other workshops and is one of the most useful and important. If you can take only one workshop, I recommend this one the most. If you are not doing the package, I still recommend you start with the Fundamentals as it will make it easier for you to understand the content of the other workshops you attend.
Testimonials from past students:
“I could never have imagined I can learn so much material in such little time and be
able to apply so much information in my dance so quickly!” ~Alistair D., London, UK
“Finally a workshop on spinning that I came away from without being ‘seasick’ and a much better understanding of the mechanics of a decent balanced spin.” ~Ryan D., Albuquerque, NM
Other ways to pay:
Contact me if you prefer to pay via one of the methods below.
- Zelle (works with most major US banks)
- PayPal (sender pays any applicable fees )
What’s the exact location?
Caribbean Soul Dance Studio 682 Summit Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306 (201-913-1799)
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
To contact Magna, click here or visit the Contact section of www.MagnaGopal.com
Is my registration/ticket transferable?
Tickets are transferable. To guarantee admittance, please contact Magna at least 48 hours before the workshop in question to confirm the name of the student to whom the ticket will be transferred.
What is the refund policy?
All sales are final unless the workshops are cancelled.